Crosby® G-450 heavy duty wire rope clips are drop forged and have a Red U-Bolt® for easy identification. These wire rope clips are ideal for heavy duty applications and most often used with heavy duty rigging applications to secure the wire rope on the turn back. Each base has a Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability, the name CROSBY or CG, and a size forged into it.
- Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability, the name CROSBY or CG, and a size forged into it
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements
- Refer to instructions below for proper use of wire rope clips
Proper Use of Drop Forged Wire Rope Clips
- The correct way to attach wire rope clips is illustrated above. Apply the first clip one base width from the dead end of the wire rope. The base or saddle should bear on the line end of the rope – U-bolt on the short end. Tighten nuts firmly.
- Attach second clip as close to loop as possible. Tighten nuts but not firmly.
- Attach balance of clips spaced equally between first two clips. Tighten all nuts completely. Apply initial load – inspect nuts and retighten. Inspect all clips periodically.
The number of clips shown is based on using right regular or Lang lay wire rope, 6×19 class or 6×37 clasee, fibre core IWRC, IPS or XIPS. The number of clips shown also applies to right regular lay wire rope, 8×19 class and 18×7 class, fibre core, IPS or XIPS, sizes 1-1/2-inch and smaller.
If Seale construction or similar large outer wire type construction in the 6×19 class is to be used for sizes 1-inch and larger, add one additional clip. For other classes or wire rope not mentioned, it may be necessary to add additional clips to the number shown. If more clips are used than shown, amount of rope turn back should be increased proportionately.