- Hot galvanized with galvanized heavy hex nuts
- Drop forged from special bar quality steel
- Permanently maked with size
- I/A/W Federal Specification FF-C-450-D, Type 3, Class 1
- Refer to information below for instructions on how to properly use fist grips
- Made in the USA
|Part #||Size (in)||A (in)||B (in)||D (in)||F (in)||Min. # Clips||Rope Turn Back (in)||Tourque (lb/ft)||Wt per 100 Pcs (lb)|
- Turn back specified amount of rope from thimble or loop. Apply first clip one base width from dead end of rope. Tighten nuts evenly, alternating from one nut to the other until reaching the recommended torque.
- When two clips are required, apply the second clip as near the loop or thimble as possible. Tighten nuts evenly, alternating until reaching the recommended torque. When more than two clips are required, apply the second clip as near the loop or thimble as possible, turn nuts on second clip firmly, but do not tighten.
- When three or more clips are required, space additional clips between first two—take up rope slack—tighten nuts on all clips, alternating from one nut to the other until reaching the recommended torque.
- Apply an initial load equal to loads expected in use. Inspect for proper spacing and retighten the nuts to the recommended torque.
If a pulley (sheave) is used for rope turn-back, add one additional clip.
The number of clips shown is based upon using RRL or RLL wire rope, 6 x 19 or 6 x 37 Class, FC or IWRC, IPS or XIP. If Seale construction or similar outer wire type construction in the 6 x 19 Class is to be used for sizes 1″ and larger, add one additional clip The number of clips shown also applies to rotational-resistant RRL wire rope, 8 x 19 Class, IP, IIP, sizes 1-1/2″ and smaller, and to rotation-resistant RRL wire rope, 19 x 7 Class, IPS, IIP, sizes 1-1/2″ and smaller. For other classes of wire rope, additional clips may be necessary. Length of rope turn-back should be increased when more clips are used. Efficiency ratings for wire rope end terminations are based upon the breaking strength of wire rope. The efficiency rating of a properly prepared loop or thimble eye termination for clip sizes 1/8″ through 7/8″ is 80% and for sizes 1″ through 1-1/2″ is 90%. In accordance with good rigging and maintenance practices, the wire rope end termnation should be inspected periodically for wear, abuse and genera adequacy.